Homecoming 2018

Sabrina Govea, Staff Writer

2018 Homecoming Week started off with a bang that came and went in a flash. Overall, Homecoming week was full of gold, black, laughter and school spirit everywhere. From kings, queens, and goofy dancers, to new fish coming in to celebrate our Viking way. The Summer wasn’t over on Monday, with the week starting with Malibu Monday. Students dressed as if they were on vacation with their flowered shirts. Tacky Tuesday followed with everyone dressing in their best miss matched and goofy attire. Wednesday was filled with cowboys and cowgirls. Students dusted off their boots and wore their best plaid for western day. Then, came doubles of people on twin Thursday. Students dressed like their peers and were matching left and right. Finally the big day, game day. Up, down, everywhere you went there was Viking spirit! Black, gold, white, glitter, music in the halls during passing periods courtesy of the Spirit L.I.F.E class. The school was decorated in  grade level themes, with a special thanks to Student Council and Ms. Tabasco for doing them. All of this lead up to the final countdown.The time came for kick off as our team fought through weather, wild crowds and tough opponents, but came up short. Overall, it was a memorable week and an amazing game.

Sabrina Govea, Writer

I am a Junior. I've been in newspaper for one year. I'm on the staff because I have always been a fan of journalism I think it's a way to see things from...