“MORNING SESSIONS”

%22MORNING+SESSIONS%22

Jimena Feregrino, Mariah Ortegon

Josue Maldonado and his friends Juan Torres, David Villalobos, Benjamin Tiscanero and Bryan Carcamo recently made a mixtape at Lanier High School.  It is called” Morning Sessions” and they are recording it in the Lost and Sound Room. Maldonado hopes that the mixtape will be out before the end of this school year.

“My friends like to flow… and I just want to have fun with them. You know, something that they never do,”  said Maldonado.

They first heard about the studio at the beginning of the school year.  However, at the time, the studio didn’t have all of the equipment that was necessary to produce the mixtape.

“There was a lot of things missing and we took a long time just to get them,”  added Maldonado. “So we had to wait the whole first semester, just to get all this stuff set up.”

By the beginning of the second semester the studio was ready for action. Maldonado was very positive about the upcoming project.

“So I was like ‘hey so we gotta make a mix tape before we get out of our senior year’ and they [Maldonado’s friends] were like I’m down,” he said.

Tara Bordeaux, the Audio/ Video Production teacher mentions that the studio is open to anyone that shares the love for music and that any age or grade level is welcomed.

“So I was like ‘Hey so we gotta make a mix tape before we get out of our senior year’ and they were like i’m down.” Their mix tape “Morning Session” is soon to be out hopefully before the end of this amazing school year. They were just doing this for the fun of it, not to be remembered or anything like that.Lanier High School now has its own music studio with a sound booth for anyone that shares the love for music, any age or grade level is welcomed. The lost and sound room is a place where you can freely express yourself and share your love for music. The students of the Audio Visual Production team gathered around the beginning of 2016-2017 school year to talk about “The lost and sound room”. After 5 months the studio is up and ready for use. It is available for any students here at lanier high school. The studio is open during school hours from Monday-Friday. Another way to use the lost and sound room is to get in contact with Ms.Bourdeaux via email or you can visit her in room 32. The lost and sound room is still going to be a work in progress because it’s not quite where the Audio Visual Team wants it to be. They want to add upgrades to the soundbooth such as better mics and studio headphones. Many students are using the lost and sound room already and making new content every week, for instance Josue Maldonado is producing an ep titled “Morning Sessions” and is rumored to come out sometime in March. Let this be an announcement for any Lanier student that shares the same love for music production.They were just doing this for the fun of it, not to be remembered or anything like that.