A GOOD CHALLENGE

Isabella Llamas, writer

On Oct. 14, the Lanier Lady Vikings volleyball team lost to the Lady Cougars of Crockett High School three sets to zero. Despite strong efforts from Bria Darby and Georgina Nunez the Lady Viking were unable to overcome solid defense from the Lady Cougars . As the  lady vikings employed the “bump,set,spike”routine, Darby demonstrated strong leadership skills,  inspiring her team to work together.  Nunez limited the Cougars’ scoring with her exceptional blocking.Despite not winning, the team felt proud as they took on the challenge.

High School Gym

Friday, October 14th at 7:30 PM., our Lanier Lady Vikings played an outstanding volleyball game against the Lady Cougars of Crockett High School. In the Crockett High School Gym the rallies lasted throughout the entire game. The Lady Vikings fought remarkably using a “bump, set, spike” routine. The Captain, Bria Darby, demonstrated strong leadership skills by inspiring the team to work together, not giving up, and pushing everyone to try their best. Unfortunately, our ladies lost the game three (3) sets to zero. Georgina Nunez did really good on the blocks, making sure that if the other team hit the ball really hard that the hit wouldn’t come down that hard. The other team did really good on their hitting and defense. Despite not winning, the team felt proud as they took on the challenge